We are always on the lookout for good sources of sample and test data. Take a look at the links below and if you know of others please add them.
- Data repositories
- http://www.m3corp.com/a/download/index.htm Slightly annoying page, but good bump maps.
- http://dmi.chez-alice.fr/models1.html Car models in .lwo format
- http://www.amazing3d.com/modfree.html Meta site for free models
- http://www.vision.ee.ethz.ch/~pmueller/wiki/CityEngine/DownloadModels Free models generated by the CityEngine.
- http://www.gris.uni-tuebingen.de/kelvin/ Models for DirectModel/Jupiter scene graph, need conversion though
- http://shapes.aim-at-shape.net/ Large model collection (scans) of Aim@Shape EU project
- http://www.give-lab.cs.uu.nl/movie/moviemodels/ Model collection of MOVIE EU project
- http://www-static.cc.gatech.edu/projects/large_models/ Large model archive (scans) of Georgia Tech
- http://graphics.stanford.edu/data/3Dscanrep/ The Stanford 3D scanning repository
- http://dmoz.org/Computers/Software/Graphics/3D/Models/ Open Directory 3D model meta page
- http://www.spectralogue.com/textures/index.php Good source of textures
Especially for large models many of the above are just one giant Geometry node, which doesn't work well for clustering. We have a tool to preproces and split these models into smaller pieces.