Issue: Build issues
- Relatively difficult to build and install
- There are multiple build systems. Which one should be used.
- Need more pre-packaged builds for common platforms.
- Need to get OpenSG into Fedora Extras and Debian/Ubuntu? (like OpenSceneGraph)
- Build on windows needs to be better supported and tested.
- Need Gentoo ebuild for OpenSG 1.8 scons (see ticket #189).
- Create one-build-to-rule-them-all. This build will work on all platforms and be the only build.
- Make nightly builds run on more platforms and create packages for more platforms.
- Make results widely known. Possibly look at a continuous integration tool for trac.
- Integrate nightly build into the trac page with links to the builds.
- Clear set of dependencies and include non-standard tools (sed, bison, flex) with the build on windows. If possible, reduce the number of non-standrd tools, e.g. only use python.
- Allow build to be kicked off from vs project file. #56
- Create VS Wizard for new OpenSG projects. #54
- Get pre-compiled headers working on windows. #10 (gcc with boost can't use precompiled headers until 4.1 is released) 4.1 has been released for a while. Are you thinking about 4.2? --Dirk
- Add support for autolinking on Windows. #55
- Create batch file for starting Visual Studio from Windows with all paths set. #57.